Lawrence Sanchez, 3 days ago
February 25, 2021 Confirmed Case of COVID-19: Belen Consolidated Schools has confirmed an employee at Dennis Chavez Elementary School in Belen, NM has tested positive for COVID-19. All close contacts have been notified and will enter quarantine . The areas the employee has been in will be deep cleaned. All the appropriate steps as per NMPED guidance has been completed. If you feel you have any symptoms of COVID-19, please contact the Department of Health Coronavirus Hotline at 1-855-600-3453. If you have any concerns, please call the district at (505) 966-1271.
Alicia Blaakman-Abney, 4 days ago
We are opening back up in HYBRID on Monday, March 1st! As per Superintendent Sanchez, those with an IEP, receiving bilingual services, and/or those designated "at risk" are the top priorities. We are so EXCITED to welcome you back to the campus.
School starts at 845am and ends at 325pm.
1. Remember to wear a properly fitted mask (bring extras in case it gets damaged or dirty).
2. If you are new to hybrid and need bus transportation, stop by the school for a form.
3. During remote learning times, students will need to be on LIVE with their teachers during instruction (reading, math, science, social studies, art, music, library, counseling). Otherwise they are to do their work independently. They may get on TEAMS if they have questions for the teacher and for more support. Teachers will give more direction with this.
4. The gym, cafeteria, library, and playgrounds are still closed for now. Hopefully we can get better understanding of how to use them safely again soon.
5. Drop off is still at the front office (stay in your vehicles) starting at 830am. Pick up is still in the parking lot off of HWY 314 at 325pm.
Please call 966-1800 if you have any questions or concerns. We are here to support you and your students.view image
Alicia Blaakman-Abney, 10 days ago
DCE Community: last chance to do the re-entry survey below. Otherwise, a staff member will be contacting you to verify if you'd like your student/s to stay remote or come back hybrid on March 1. If we do not hear from or reach you, however your student was in November will continue.view image
Alicia Blaakman-Abney, 12 days ago
DCE Community: I have added an additional piece onto the survey for reentry. Please consider opening the link again to respond to an idea of a shortened day to accommodate remote learners, special education students, English language learners, and to do small groups / office hours with homeroom teachers. Thanks!
Event: Spring Break - no school
Mon, Mar 15 - Fri, Mar 19
Event: Easter Break - no school
Fri, Apr 2 - Mon, Apr 5